Here you will get GK Questions on Latest current affairs. These questions answers series are based on latest current events, and are helpful for govt jobs and competitive exams. We have collected these latest current affairs GK questions from various newspapers like Indian express, Times of India, google news and other online sources.
We have covered here all the major sections like Indian current affairs, international affairs, current country news, science tech, general knowledge and latest general awareness updates.
We have prepared this latest GK questions series in current affairs quiz manners so that you can easily memorize them!
GK questions on latest current affairs – 3 May 2018
1. Recently a new innovative types of workshops started in every block level across the country to help farmers so that they can increase income by adopting new technology. The name of the workshop is?
Ans. Kisan Kalyan Workshops
> These workshops are part of Gram swaraj abhiyan which started on the birth anniversary of Constitution father Dr. B.R.Ambedkar, on 14 april 2018
2. Union cabinet recently doubles the investment limit in a Pradhan mantri yojana scheme for senior citizens. The name of the yojana is?
> Now senior citizen can invest upto Rs.15 lakhs under this scheme which was limited upto Rs 7.5 lakhs for the previous year
> The time limits has also extended upto March 2020
> Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana was launched to provide social financial security to senior citizens
3. Recently cabinet approves WHO [world health organization] protocol to eliminate illegal trade of which products?
4. India and China resumes their bilateral trade through which Indian location?
Ans. Nathu La Border
> It is a mountain pass in Sikkim
> It is one of the 3 open trade route between India and China
> The other 2 are – Shipkila in Himachal pradesh and Lipulekh (tri-section point in Uttarakhand for India, China and Nepal)
5. Cabinet has approved setting up of 20 more AIIMS (all india institute of medical sciences) across India. What is the name of the scheme/yojana under which this project is sanctioned?
Ans. Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
> This yojana is for better health facilities across the country
> Upgradation of 73 medical colleges will be also done under this scheme accross the country
6. Recently India surpassed France and joined USA and China as world’s 5 biggest spenders. The name of the field is?
Ans. Defence military
> As per the report in the year 2017 top 5 countries with highest military expenditures-
3. Saudi arabia
7. India and South Africa recently concludes a business summit. Where did it took place?
Ans. Johannesburg, South Africa
> Indian side was attended by Minister of commerce, industry and civil aviation – Suresh Prabhu
8. Who is the new chairman of IRDAI (Insurance regulatory and development authority of India)?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Khuntia
9. Who is appointed as independent director of ICICI Bank?
Ans. Radha Krishnan Nair
10. On 1st May World Asthama day observed in all over the world
11. Recently Vibrant Northeast 2018 expo started in which Indian state?
> This expo is related to agriculture, food processing and other Small and medium enterprises (MSME)
12. Recently Maharashtra state government is planning to rename its North Maharashtra University in the name of whom?
Ans. Bahinabai Chaudhari (famous poetess)
> The new name would be Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University
> The decision is taken by Maharashtra CM Devandra Fadnavis
13. India and France recently conducted the final phase of a naval exercise. The name of the exercise is?
Ans. Varuna Naval Exercise 2018
> This naval exercise is between Indian and French navy
> Conducted in Indian Ocean Region, Near Reunion Island
# For daily current affairs quiz – Click here