Here you will get GK Questions on Latest current affairs. These questions answers series are based on latest current events, and are helpful for govt jobs and competitive exams. We have collected these latest current affairs GK questions from various newspapers like Indian express, Times of India, google news and other online sources.
We have covered here all the major sections like Indian current affairs, international affairs, current country news, science tech, general knowledge and latest general awareness updates.
GK Questions – Latest current affairs 1 May 2018
1. Maharashtra state is going to start a new airport. The name of the airport is?
Ans. SindhuDurg Airport Pvt. Ltd.
> Will get start from September 2018
> This project is constructed under MIDC (Maharashtra industrial development corporation)
2. Recently India and Japan held a meeting in New Delhi. The name of this meeting is?
Ans. India-Japan Energy Dialogue
> This was the 9th meeting
> Indian side was attended by R.K.Singh (Minister of state, Power and energy)
> Japanese side was attended by Hiroshige Sekosigned (Economy minister, Trade & Industry)
3. A new train service started in Chhattisgarh. The name of the train is?
Ans. Antyodaya Express
> Flagged off by CM of Chhattisgarh – Raman singh
> Will cover distance between Firozpur and Durg
4. The next Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to be held in year 2019 from 21st to 23rd January. In which state it will take place?
Ans. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
> This will be the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (2019)
> The 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was held in 2017 (7 to 9 January) at Bengaluru, Karnataka
5. Recently Vijay Prahar 2018 event started in Rajasthan. What is this event about?
Ans. Vijay Prahar is a Indian army exercise which started at Suratgarh, Rajasthan
> Gagan Shakti 2018 named exercise was conducted by Indian Airforce during April 2018
6. Who got the Lifetime PC Chandra Puraskaar 2018?
Ans. Asha Bhosle
> Chief guest of the ceremony – Actress Sharmila Tagore
> This award is consists of Rs.10 Lakhs
> Asha Bhosle has also awarded-
* Dadasaheb Phalke in the year 2000
* Padma Vibhushan in the year 2008
7. Who has been appointed as the Director General of PIB [Press Information Bureau]?
Ans. Sitanshu Ranjan Kar
> He is an Indian Information Services officer [IIS]
> He has also served in Doordarshan and All India Radio under the ministry of Information and Broadcast
8. Recently who became India’s longest serving Chief Minister and he belongs to which state?
Ans. Sikkim’s Chief minister Pawan Chamling
> He has completed 23 years
9. NASA will launch a new mission to study interior of planet Mars. The name of the mission is?
> InSight full form – Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport
10. Who won the Azerbaijan grand prix?
Ans. Lewis Hamilton
> He is a Formula 1 motorist
> The event took place in Baku, Azerbaijan
11. India and Malaysia recently performed a joint military exercise. The name of the exercise is?
Ans. Harimau Shakti 2018
> The exercise began in Malaysia (Forest of Sengai perdik, Hulu langat)
12. Recently government started a new scheme under which wealth and energy will be generated from cattle/organic waste. The name of the scheme is?
Ans. GobarDhan scheme
> Launched by Uma Bharti, Union minister of Drinking water and sanitation
Launched at National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) Karnal, Haryana
# For more current affairs – Click here