Here you will get GK Questions on Latest current affairs. These questions answers series are based on latest current events, and are helpful for govt jobs and competitive exams. We have collected these latest current affairs GK questions from various newspapers like Indian express, Times of India, google news and other online sources.
We have covered here all the major sections like Indian current affairs, international affairs, current country news, science tech, general knowledge and latest general awareness updates.
GK questions on current affairs – 2 May 2018
1. Recently who has been named as the chief coach for Indian mens hockey team?
Ans. Harendra Singh
> Previously he was the chief coach of Indian womens hockey team
2. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of IRDAI [Insurance regulatory and development authority of India]?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Khuntia
> IRDAI is a statutory body which regulates Indian insurance industry
> T.S. Vijayan was the previous chairman of IRDAI whose 5 year term ended in Feb 2018
3. National Blind Football Tournament was conducted recently in which Indian state?
Ans. Kochi, Kerala
> The tournament was conducted by Indian blind football federation [IBFF]
4. Ashok Mitra, former West bengal finance minister and eminent economist passed away
5. Who will preside over the 1st meeting of National committee for Commemoration in 2019 birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
Ans. Presiden Ramnath Kovind
> The birth anniversary of Mahatma gandhi will be commemorated from 2nd october 2019 to 2nd october 2020
> The meeting will be headed by prime minister of India
6. P.P. Lakshaman [former AIFF, All India Football Federation] passed away
7. Department of Telecommunications recently released New Telecom Policy Draft. The name of the policy is?
Ans. National Digital Communications Policy 2018
> Objective of the policy = To achieve better digital empowerment for well being of people
8. On 1st May, Maharashtra day and Gujarat diwas celebrated in their respective state
> On 1st may 1960, both states came into existence as states
9. On 1st May, World Labour day celebrated
> This year Theme = Workers unity for economic and social advancement
10. As per WHO [world health organisation] report, how many Indian cities are listed in world’s most 20 polluted cities?
Ans. 14 Indian cities are listed in world’s most 20 polluted cities
Kanpur, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Patiala, Faridabad, Gaya, Patna, Agra, Muzaffarpur, Srinagar, Lucknow, Delhi and Varanasi
11. Recently Central Union cabinet approved the restructuring and upgradation of which Indian department?
Ans. Indian Bureau of Mines
> The decision is taken at a union cabinet meeting in New delhi
> Meeting was headed by PM Narendra Modi
12. Which Indian state became the 1st state to provide digital signed land record receipts?
> Now Maharashtra govt will provide digitally signed land record receipt to its owners
> This receipt is also known as 7/12 receipts
13. Recently the Cabinet committee of Economic affairs [CCEA] approved expansion and upgradation of which 3 Indian state’s airports?
Ans. Chennai, Lucknow and Guwahati
> Airport expansion and upgradation work will soon begin in the respective airports of these 3 states
New terminal buildings will start in these airports
# For daily current affairs – Click here