4 May 2018 – Latest current affairs quiz
Here you will get GK Questions on Latest current affairs. These questions answers series are based on latest current events, and are helpful for govt jobs and competitive exams. We have collected these latest current affairs GK questions from various newspapers like Indian express, Times of India, google news and other online sources.
We have covered here all the major sections like Indian current affairs, international affairs, current country news, science tech, general knowledge and latest general awareness updates.
We have prepared this latest GK questions series in current affairs quiz manners so that you can easily memorize them!
GK Questions on Latest current affairs quiz – 4 May 2018
1. A new application has launched where Pensioners can view their passbook. The name of the app is?
Ans. Umang app
> This facility is introduced by Employees provident fund organisation
> The name of the service is ‘View Pension Passbook‘
2. India and USA recently held a 3rd round of Maritime dialogue meeting. Where did it took place?
Ans. Goa, India
> Name of the meeting – India US Maritime security dialogue
3. World Press Freedom day was observed on 3rd May
> This day is celebrated for fundamental principles of press freedom
4. Recently Union environment ministry bans a material which is used in party celebrations?
Ans. Party Poppers
Main cause of this ban is for materials (red-phosphorous, plastic glittering, potassium chlorate) used in these Poppers which causes harms to environment and human health
5. As per the FDI (Foreign direct investment) Confidence Index, what is India’s rank this year 2018?
> This report is released by Global consultancy firm named A.T. Kearney which is an American global management consulting firm
> Top 5 countries as per this index-
6. Cabinet committee on Economic affairs (CCEA) is planning to rename the ‘Multi-sectoral Development Programme’ to which name?
Ans. Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram
This program is for development of Minority areas
7. Who has been named as Footballer of the year by Football writer’s association?
Ans. Mohamed Salah
> He belongs to Liverpool football team
8. Justin Langer recently appointed as the head coach of which cricket team?
> At present Darren Lehmann is on this post but resigned due to ball tempering scandal
9. Recently Cabinet committee on Economic affairs (CCEA) approves continuation of which green revolution scheme?
Ans. Krishonnati Yojana, Umbrella scheme
Aim is to increase farmers income by improving productivity, production and better returns
10. Who has been named as WBC Asia Boxer of the year?
Ans. Neeraj Goyat
> Neeraj goyat is a professional Indian boxer
11. What is India’s rank in ICC ODI rankings as per 2nd May 2018 released report?
> India’s slips to 2nd position after England
> Top 5 rankings-
3. South africa
4. New zealand
12. What in India’s rank in ICC T20 team rankings?
> Top 5 rankings-
4. New Zealand
13. Famous malayalam detective novelist Kottayam Pushpanath passed away
14. Recently Mr. Ivica Dacic visited India for a meeting with External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj. From which country Mr. Ivica Dacic belongs?
Ans. Republic of Serbia (Country on southeast Europe’s Balkan peninsula)
> Mr. Ivica Dacic is 1st deputy PM and Minister of foreign affairs of Serbia
> The meeting was held between India and Serbia for bilateral cooperation in various sectors like technology, trade, investment